Sunday, June 1, 2008

Responses to ID column: Richard H.

Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 09:26:56 -0500
Subject: Your article on ID

Dear Dr. Gapud,

I simply wanted to congratulate you on a well-written and wonderfully reasoned article debunking the ID movement. Since moving my family to Mobile last year, I have been unpleasantly surprised as the level of ignorance, if not fanaticism, surrounding this topic.

Like yourself, I was raised Catholic and attended Catholic schools but, ironically, in my elementary and high school educational experience there was no mixing of science and religion. By contrast, I am very concerned about this trend in our educational system and society because there are historical precedents this this "hysteria," and none of them bode well for our future.

All the best in your efforts. If there is anything I can do to assist you in blunting this movement, please don't hesitate to ask.

Warmest regards,

Robert H., Ph.D. [Mobile]

[NOTE: Some personal correspondences followed, leading to a possible friendship.]

No comments: